Saturday 25 May 2013

ER31DC Week 13 - Animal Print

I was going to be different and attempt giraffe or some variety of neon zebra print and then I tried leopard print and I fell in love with it.


The polishes used are (once again) new additions to the stash, L'oreal 601, otherwise known as French Riviera - a beautiful pale blue with the subtlest blue shimmer I've ever seen - and 611, Sky Fits Heaven, which is actually the colour of the sky outside my bedroom window right now.



That's right, the less-wet season has come to Newcastle, prompting far too many men to take off their shirts and reveal their pasty and flabby torsos to the world. 


I apologise for the poor quality of the leopard spots in the middle of my middle fingernail, as for some reason my hand decided to just stop cooperating when painting the black on and just did whatever the frick it liked. So, yeah. Teeny fail. But considering that this is only the second time I've done leopard print and I was confinig it to my tips, I think I managed quite well.

Below is a closer up shot of my thumb nail, simply because it was the biggest area of French Riviera that I could get in a desperate attempt to catch the blue shimmer. In the bottle its quite concentrated, but as this is a very sheer polish, its nigh on impossible to catch on the nail. You can sort of see a little under the shine, but it really wasn't deciding to play ball.




2 comments:

  1. This is super cute! I like your idea of using animal prints and doing it like a french mani look :) I'm super behind on this challenge though oops :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just really glad its a weekly challenge rather than daily cos I'd have failed about day 2 hahaha :D

      Delete