Sunday 22 December 2013

Nub Club - Christmas Reindeer

A few weeks ago I bought some gorgeous little deer charms from She Sells Seashells, but there was one little problem - my talons were (at the time) too big for them! I was devastated. The poor things would have just looked completely lost on my nails.

So the nail breakage was kinda good, as it means I can finally get my cute little (rein)deers on to my nails!

The base for this mani is OPI's I'm Not Really a Waitress, a super metallic red that's great for Christmas. Two coats give full coverage, and the plus side with nails this size is that two coats is barely any polish at all! I could get used to this level of polish usage compared to my last set of talons!


The middle finger was stamped with a couple of the smaller snowflakes from MoYou London Festive plate 02 - this plate is great for everyone as it has a huge range of snowflake sizes on the one plate and covers everything from humongous flakes to teeny little delicate ones.


The ring finger was marked off with striping tape and striped over the middle with Sinful Colors Snow Me White, left to dry and then top coated with Deborah Lippmann fast drying topcoat. I placed the deer on before the topcoat had time to set fully, and then top coated again over the nail to seal the deer in properly.

The smaller size of my nails has meant painting this mani took about half the time it normally does! I could definitely get used to this...

No comments:

Post a Comment