Monday 16 December 2013

Armed and Ready ... to stamp!

I've been pretty good in December - I put myself on a no buy last pay day (22nd Nov) and I can honestly say I've not bought anything.

Mr Painted Claws, on the other hand, saw me looking longingly at the Essie that is the base colour for this mani and promptly informed me that he couldn't let me go home without it. 



This is Essie Armed and Ready - three coats for smoothness, but my nails are a bit talon-y at the moment so it may take less for normal nails - topped with a stamp from MoYou London Pro Plate 14, a lovely delicate set of flowers and foliage.


Stamping is so good for a quick and impressive statement - I was asked if my two stamped nails were wraps at work - and these MoYou London plates just produce amazing images. The studs are from a stud wheel I bought aaaaaaaaaaaaaaages ago off eBay, however you can buy stud just about anywhere now - I know Born Pretty Store do loads of different ones.


I love Armed and Ready as a base colour and the only thing I've seen even close to its colour is the MUA polish Stormy Skies but that is a much darker gray (almost black) under the gold shimmer. 

What do you guys think? Do you like the base or the stamping? 

2 comments:

  1. love this stamping and colour combo both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Armed and Ready, the studs and the stamping go perfectly with it!

    ReplyDelete