Friday 25 January 2013

Pokemon Challenge Week 2



Pokemon challenge week 2 - Fire!


The obvious choice for fire from Gen 1 was always gonna be Charmander. I'd just like to go on record and state that I was never fond of Charmander, as a pokemon. I much preferred Growlithe and Arcanine, or Vulpix and Ninetails. However, all of these damned things are so hard to paint! So when my other half suggested I do Ninetails, I was mentally preparing myself to have to re-paint all of my nails about sixty times.

Oh me of little faith.



Ninetails! Admittedly there's only four tails in the pic above, so here's the full set...


All nine tails! I'm super proud, I've been thinking for the last week that I'd make a complete hash of this week and have to miss a week in pure shame.

Colours used were Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Beige Blast for the base, a mix of BarryM in Yellow, Tangerine and Block Orange for the tips of the tails, and the usual Model's Own Pro Jacks Black, BarryM White and Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Rapid Red for the details on the head. The head itself was freehanded with my trusty little paint brush from the biggest Ninetails pictures I could find the the internet.

4 comments: