Saturday 19 January 2013

New Polish

Instead of going shopping for something useful yesterday, like snow boots or a super warm jacket, but instead I went to TK Maxx and Poundland and bought more polishes.


These three were £1 each from the pound shop. I've gotten quite a few of the Sally Hansen polishes lately from there - 7 Insta-Dri and 3 of the Complete Salon Manicure.

I also managed to find something entirely fabulous in TK Maxx, although it was slightly more than £1...


An OPI two-bottle set. My first OPI! My other half has super awesome eagle eyes and spotted this in the back of a shelf in the beauty department whilst I was eyeballing hairbrushes. £12.99 isn't a bad price for two bottles of polish that aren't sold over here as a rule, plus I love the darker polish (Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous). The glitter on the left (Pirouette My Whistle) I wasn't too bothered about until I tried them all out this morning...


From thumb round to pinky - Sally Hansen Insta-Dri 'Rapid Red', Sally Hansen Insta-Dri 'Ruby Rush', Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure 'Beweitched', OPI 'Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous' and OPI 'Pirouette My Whistle'. Both the Insta-Dri polishes went on and were pretty much full coverage on the first coat, and dried fairly quickly. I love the wide, flat brushes that are in the Sally Hansen polishes - they cover my nails in pretty much one stroke, leaving a nice neat edge at the bottom that requires very little tidying up.
The Complete Salon Manicure 'Bewitched' went on well too, no streaks and great solid coverage on the first coat - once again with the lovely wide, flat brush. Sadly my hand slipped on the bottom on the stroke and as you can see it's not the easiest to remove from cuticles. The colour itself is an incredibly dark purple - something slightly darker than aubergine - despite it photographing as black in every way I tried. 
The OPI polishes were a dream to apply as well - although the 'Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous' was a little on the textured side it was minimal and the colour was awesome. The gunmetal foil has a great sparkle to it, and catches the light fabulously. 'Pirouette My Whistle' is a wonderful, light glitter that comes out looking incredibly delicate. From the OPI NYC Ballet Soft Shades Collection, its a clear base with silver micro glitter and larger silver round glitters.

The Rapid Red did remind me to do something though...


POKEBALL!

2 comments:

  1. i love the OPI shade, but not as much as those reds! I think the darker is my fave, but I would suit the Rapid red more with my skin tone. They all look good on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fabulous pair of bargains for only £1 each! :) Absolutely lush polishes <3

      Delete