Friday 6 September 2013

Pokemon Challenge Gen II, Round 7 - Poison

There aren't many poison pokemon I like. Maybes Grimer / Muk, Ekans and Oddish, but I've already done Oddish and Ekans, and I can just tell how Grimer/Muk would come out. Lets just say its a good thing y'all ain't seen creepier-than-creepachu Ditto that I tried last year. I've seen horror movies that were tamer than that creepy looking thing.

Then, all the way down at the end of the list for gen II, at number 211... Qwilfish!




Qwilfish, the Balloon Pokémon. The quills covering the entire body have evolved from scales. A Qwilfish can cause its body to swell in order to shoot its needles in all directions.

Qwilfish is based on the puffer fish, which is an amusingly angry looking creature.


The thumb, pointer and pinky are Sally Hansen Mermaids Tale, with the Qwilfish itself done in Sally Hansen Beige Blast and BarryM Gelly Watermelon. The pink for his mouth is Nails Inc Grosvenor Street, and the black & white details are the usual Models Own Pro Jack's Black and Sinful Colors Snow Me White (which I use so much I've had to pick up a second bottle!).


I love the depth you get on Mermaids Tale, the glitter just hangs in the jelly base and is fantastic for water looks!



1 comment: