Tuesday 1 October 2013

ER31DC Week 31 - Redo!

Well, the last week of the Extra Relaxed 31 Day Challenge is upon us, and this one was quite difficult. I didn't quite know what to redo.

The other half suggested tribal, but to be honest I nearly wept tears of blood after how long it took to do the first one. Then I was thinking glitter or polka dots... until I remembered I'd not done a gradient mani in an absolute age. I love gradients. Not so massively fond of the cleanup afterwards, but I have a new bottle of pure acetone on my desk that says that isn't going to be a problem any more.




This gradient was done with a basecoat of Ciate Cookies and Cream, with an unknown Essie metallic sponged over the top. I actually thought the Essie was gonna be far more brown than this, as that's how it looked in the bottle, bit it came out more of a muted gold colour? Oh well, still in the colour specturm I was aiming for.


And that, quite sadly, is the end of that. Don't worry though, I'm (slowly) working my way through all the pokemon generations, and I'm sure I'll join other nail art challenges very soon!



1 comment: