Tuesday 30 December 2014

Christmas... Unicorns?

*** Some of the items in this post were provided free of charge for honest review ***

Unicorns are Christmas-y, right?

Ah, who cares. Unicorns are good any time of year.


Pardon my funny coloured hands, I have circulation problems and it gets cold in Casa de Painted Claws!


These unicorn charms were provided by the awesome Born Pretty Store for review. They're basically little, flat metal shapes which is great for those of us who have very curved nails - if you place them on your nails before you paint them you can bend them to suit your curve. This is an absolute godesend for anyone who knows the pain of trying to use a charm and finding it sticks off the edges of oouor nails.


The base for this mani is Femme Fatale's Shadeling. This is such an amazing and complicated polish I could really dedicate an entire post to just swatches of it. However, there is one downside to this immense complexity of colour - it was a complete trauma to photograph! What you can't quite see in these photos is the holo rainbow - there is a lovely rainbow flash to this polish that is very camera shy.


The clouds were painted in Models Own HyperGel White Light and my large dotting tool.

I will say that after I had bent the charms to the shape of my nail I didn't even boter to glue them down - a teeny drop of top coat to stick them in place then I just top coated over them. With them being adjusted to the shape of my nail I found that I didn't need the extra sticking power that nail glue provides.

Once again, if you like anything you see at Born Pretty Store feel free to us discount code AIWW10 to get yourself 10% off any order!


No comments:

Post a Comment